The holiday spirit is upon us, and there's nothing like celebrating in New England. There's no shortage of holiday fun, and here's your guide to a few can't-miss events this year for you and the whole family.
Top December Theater Shows in Boston
• Boston Ballet's The Nutcracker - The granddaddy of all Christmas shows. The Nutcracker will capture your imagination and transport you to a magical world of brave soldiers and dancing snowflakes.
• Holiday Pops at Boston Symphony Hall - A performance filled with holiday music favorites, the traditional Pops sing-along, and a visit from Santa himself!
• Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - The world's most famous reindeer helps Santa save Christmas in this utterly charming production.
• Disney on Ice: Worlds of Enchantment - Your favorite Disney stories are brought to life with the artistry of ice skating in this holiday presentation.
• Irving Berlin's White Christmas - The timeless movie "White Christmas" is adapted for the stage in a lavish new production that the New York Times says to "put on your wish list."
• Boston Ballet's Cinderella - Step into a magical world and timeless balet where pumpkins become carriages and fairy godmothers grant wishes.
• Cocoa & Carols Holiday Cruise - Join in singing your favorite holiday songs led by the Blue Motion Jazz Quarter on this 90 minute Harbor Cruise on the North Lights.
• New Year's Eve Fireworks Cruise - Bring in the New Year on this 3-hour fireworks cruise with live music, dancing, appetizers and more!
• New Year's Eve Day Brunch Cruise - Welcome the new year with a 3-course brunch on this 2.5 hour sightseeing tour.
• Holiday Sunset Cruise - Catch the changing sunset colors along Boston's city skyline on this relaxing 90 minute cruise around the Boston Harbor.
Parades & Runs
• North End Christmas Parade - A North End tradition for half a decade! Look out for Santa, Frosty the Snowman, and lots of elves at the North End's annual Christmas Parade on Sunday, December 15th from 1-2pm.
• Santa Speedo Run - Bundle up and watch the Santa Speedo Run, where some brave souls dressed in Speedos and Santa hats job through the Back Bay for charity. Those committed to raising $400 in donations can participate.
For the Kids
• Santa Photos at the Prudential Center - Find Santa in his Winter Wonderland in the Belvedere Arcade. Mondays through Fridays from 11am - 6pm. Saturdays from 10am - 7pm. Sundays from 11am - 6pm.
• Hannukah Celebration at MFA - Come together for an evening of art, music and activities in celebration of the festival of lights. Wednesday, December 18th from 4:30pm - 10:00pm.
• Holiday Bricktacular at LEGOLand - Build holiday memories throughout December, with a new popular holiday activity each weekend!
• Old Town Trolley Holiday Lights Tour - Experience the dazzling lights and splendor of the season with this charming trolley ride through town.
• Ice Skating at Frog Pond - Voted the Best Outdoor Ice Skating Rink in the US by USA Today - Frog Pond is open for the season!