Developers Elma Lewis Partners and Feldco Development have announced that they expect to close on $28 million in financing this March, which should clear the way for construction on their latest Roxbury/South End area development.
Tremont Crossing will radically transform the intersection of Tremont Street and Melnea Cass Boulevard, adjacent to Ruggles Street, at the junction of Boston's South End and Roxbury neighborhoods.
The project calls for the construction of:
- 727 new residential units ranging from studios to three-bedrooms - with a range of affordability options
- A central public plaza
- 31,000 square-feet of cultural facilities, including a National Center of Afro-American Artists Museum
- Approximately 108,000 square-feet of office space
- 405,808 square-feet of retail at Tremont Crossing's base, including a BJ's Wholesale Club
- A 442,000 square-foot above-ground parking structure with approximately 1,371 parking spaces.
The developers will seek a necessary zoning change in March, with construction expected to start in April.
Get the first word!
Stay up to date as units come to market by signing up for a Property Alert on BostonRealEstate.com